Scanner Radio (the free version of the app) includes the following features:
- View scanners that are located nearest you, sorted by distance.
- View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners (list updated every 5 minutes).
- View list of scanners added most recently (new additions are being added all the time).
- Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
- Browse the directory of scanners by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, weather, railroad, etc).
- Enable notifications to be notified when lots of people (such as over 1500, for example) are listening to any scanner (indicating that something big is happening). You can also be notified when scanners located near you (or specific scanners of your choosing) have more than a certain number of listeners.
- Add Scanner Radio widgets and shortcuts to your phone's home screen for quick access (app cannot be installed on SD card to access them).
- Add a "Scanner Radio Favorite" shortcut to your home screen to launch a scanner feed via an alarm clock app or automation app.
- Listen to Broadcastify.com's audio archives to listen to audio that's been archived over the past 30 days. Note: You *must* have an account on Broadcastify.com and purchase their "Premium Membership" ($15 for 6 months) in order to access their archives using the app.
Scanner Radio Pro includes the following additional features:
- The Pro version contains no ads.
- The Pro version has the ability to record the audio.
- The Pro version adds player controls to the lock screen.
- The play button at the bottom of the directory screens and on the widgets allows you to play scanner audio without being taken to the player screen.
- When the "Scanner Radio Pro Locale PlgIn" plug-in is also installed you can have Locale/Tasker launch the app and have one of your Favorites automatically begin playing based on one or more conditions or have the app stop playing. One use for this feature is to have a scanner feed begin playing when your phone connects to a specific Bluetooth device and then have it stop when the connection to that Bluetooth device is no longer present.
Note that Scanner Radio and Scanner Radio Pro share the same directory information, purchasing Scanner Radio Pro will not give you access to any additional scanner feeds.